The prevention of stress may be achieved by including the following lifestyle considerations:
4. Talk to someone:
- Talk to them about your day, what you're stressed about and even everything else that is bothering you. This will help either distract you or even offload the stress that you are carrying around with you. Who you choose to talk to might even be able to provide you with advice on how to handle stressful situations. (2)
5. Get a chiropractic adjustment:
- Research shows that a chiropractic adjustment can help with the relaxation of our sympathetic nervous system which is responsible for our stress. This highlights the importance of receiving your monthly check up with your chiropractor to help manage your stress levels and even your general wellbeing.
So over the next few weeks, why not try some of these techniques and find what suits your family the best.
1. DeLongis, A., Folkman, S., & Lazarus, R. S. The impact of daily stress on health and mood: Psychological and social resources as mediators. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 54(3), 486-495.
2. Ogura, Takeshi, DC, PhD; Tashiro, Manabu, MD, PhD; Masud, Mehedi, MD, PhD; Watanuki, Shoichi; Shibuya, Katsuhiko, MS; et al. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine; Aliso Viejo Vol. 17, Iss. 6,
by Catalyst Health and Wellness Group
Mailing List Archive